Virginia Beach Fishing

Guest basstardo

New Virginia State Record Striped Bass 73.25 pounds!

Guest basstardo

Heard rumblings of a new state record today. 74 pounds out of Rudee. Any truth to that?! :jumping-smiley-015:

Edit: It is confirmed. 73 pounds. I can't wait to see pics of that slob. :action-smiley-033:

Edited by vbsfipb

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

73 pound striped bass verified by Lewis Gillingham and is being process as the new Virginia state record. The fish was caught off the Country Girl near the 4A bouy on a Stretch 30. The angler, Fred Barnes of Chesapeake.

That's a HOG!! Heard lots of talk at beginning of season about record being broken this year...guess it came true..

Guest basstardo
That's a HOG!! Heard lots of talk at beginning of season about record being broken this year...guess it came true..

If that fish would have ripped through a few schools of fat bunker before being caught he might have been a world record. 78.5 lbs isn't that far off. If VA got that record that would be awesome.

I Just Knew someone would get one over 70 pounds this year. Thats great. it's got me all excited. can't wait to get back out there. HooRah!!! :action-smiley-033:

Claude Bain went to see the fish also, this is what he told me: He said that it weighed 73.25 pounds. Capt. Pat Foster. Angler Fred Barns. They were south. Double parachute rig, sped up to go to a beehive, fish hit while they sped up. That was what Pat told him. It will be interesting what the official story is that Lewis comes up with.

thats insane.....this was a slot fish from a year or two ago, i wouldn't be suprized if a bigger one is caught.

CONGRATS!