Virginia Beach Fishing

Guest basstardo

New Virginia State Record Striped Bass 73.25 pounds!

thats insane.....this was a slot fish from a year or two ago, i wouldn't be suprized if a bigger one is caught.

CONGRATS!

:yourock: great fish im still tryn to get my 50 lber

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Pending State Record Striped Bass 73lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fishing Center weighed a pending a 73pound striped bass today. It was verified by Lewis Gillingham and is being processed as the new Virginia State Record. The fish was caught off the Country Girl off Virginia near the 4A bouy on a Stretch 30. The angler's name is Fred Barnes of Chesapeake, and the Captain was Pat Foster.

Congrats to the crew and angler!

I just got off the phone with the Fishing Center. There is some cofusion about what the fish hit. Carter at the Fishing Center read the state record paperwork to me, and it states it was caught on a Stretch 30. I also just spoke to the VSWFT, who also confirmed it was a Stretch 30.

Here's the pic from the Fishing Center. I am going down there to see for myself! I know Pat...a great guy, I'll chat with him.

striper2.jpg

Just spoke to Pat Foster, the Captain. RED and WHITE Stretch 30!!!! :laughing-smiley-014::laughing-smiley-002:

Just spoke to Pat Foster, the Captain. RED and WHITE Stretch 30!!!! :laughing-smiley-014::laughing-smiley-002:

CONGRADS TO ANGLER AND CREW...THIS IS A VERY EXCITING REPORT.....

I got to get a plug in :laughing-smiley-002: , congratulations to Pat a VBSF Sponsor (Waverunner Sport Fishing)!

Banner at the bottom of the page!

From Bill Hall:

Pat said that the fish hit a white parachute rig that was part of a double parachute rig. It hit as the boat increased its speed to run towards a beehive of swirling gannets. I'm not sure where the Stretch 30 info came from. Anyway, congratulations to the Capt and crew of the Waverunner on an outstanding catch! That might even convert Fred, an avid surf fisherman, to a boat fisherman, although he probably will not make another catch like that in his lifetime on land or sea!

Pat must have been running the Country Girl today????

Yes, Pat (THE CAPTAIN) said he was running the Country Girl:

Here are the stats on the fish:

73lbs

52" length

31 1/2" girth