Virginia Beach Sport Fishing Forum

Sign in to follow this  
Ktrain

Boat Capsized off Chick's Beach.......1 confirmed dead??

They just showed some live footage on 13 but I missed the story. When the helo gets back I will ask what happened.

Another reminder of why everyone needs to be careful out there when the water temps get this cold. Anyone know anymore details? Why was an 18 footer with 6 people in it out there on a day like today? From the weather report, it looked like it was blowing pretty good out there earlier.

That is crazy. We were out yesterday and it got a kind of rough coming back in to Lynnhaven in the late afternoon but six people in an 18 foot boat?. Where are peoples brains? They must be in the Jon Boat I saw out there yesterday :food-smiley-003:

That is crazy. We were out yesterday and it got a kind of rough coming back in to Lynnhaven in the late afternoon but six people in an 18 foot boat?. Where are peoples brains? They must be in the Jon Boat I saw out there yesterday :food-smiley-003:

Yeah, six people is a little rough in any 18 foot boat. I'm guessing it was some kind of flat bottom boat, either a john boat or some kind of skiff. Prayers go out to the families.

Yeah, six people is a little rough in any 18 foot boat. I'm guessing it was some kind of flat bottom boat, either a john boat or some kind of skiff. Prayers go out to the families.

News is on now. 1 pronounced dead, 1 critical.

It's back on 13 now. Doesn't look like it was that rough out there, wonder what happened? Looks like an aluminum boat. Now their saying there are conflicting reports about the 2 confirmed dead. 1 confirmed dead, 2 stable, 2 their unsure about their conditions, and one is critical.