Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
SALTY LADY

Sunglasses

Looking at getting some new shades. Looking at the Costas, want some opinions. Do you guys prefer the copper lenses or the dark grey....and why.

Thanks!! B)

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Guest fishtank
Looking at getting some new shades. Looking at the Costas, want some opinions. Do you guys prefer the copper lenses or the dark grey....and why.

Thanks!! B)

I use costas and love 'em! Mine have the vermillion mirrored lenses. I also have a pair of ONO'S readers. They are equal to costas in quality but have a small built in bi-focal at the bottom. The ONO'S can be found on ebay for around $140. Grey lenses are good most of the time but I think that vermillion is better for brighter refracted light.

Everybody seems to like the Costas pretty well. I have a pair of Wiley X sunglasses, and I'd recommend them.

Cheryl

I have Costas and love them. I have the amber lenses and it makes things much clearer. the lifetime warranty is something to take into account. As hard as I am on sunglasses costa will repair or replace them when you have an issue. Las time I sent them back after haveing them for three years I got a new pair at no cost so that is two pair for the price of one.

VooDoo

Cheryl,

I use OHO Polarized Captains. Dark lense with NXT technology. They are an American Co. and they stand behind their gear. This is the second year I have been a member of their Pro-Staff and they have listened to our reccomendations. Also the best foul weather gear out there IMO.

www.oldharboroutfitters.com

Hope this helps!!! Good Luck.

Capt. Scott

Maui Jims

Just purchased a new pair of Costas, Man-O-war 580's with the blue mirror glass and removable side shields and I love them. The shields really work when running out, you don't get that wrap around wind that make your eyes water and you can just remove them when wearing as regular sunglasses. When you get that occasional spray it seems to wick off. extremely clear picture. Can't beat the life time warranty.

• Like 1

Costa's...had them ten years and not a scratch on them, been back for repairs three times (fixed free once, other two my fault) customer service was excellent but had a couple of problems, but now they seem to have their stuff together again, no problems this time...wouldn't wear anything else...Blue Mirror Wave EX11