Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
bobby3474

Gas From Last Season

I have old gas from last season about 70 gals. which is about half of a tank. Do I need to burn most of the old gas out before adding new gas for this season? I always added marine stablilizer to gas anytime I added gas last season. Would like your opinions. Thank You

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

I would add an octane boost to the old and then fill it up with new gas .... and go.........I never left my tank half empty .... will collect water, from condensation.

I started using StarTron by Starbrite last year and had great results with it. I still get a bit of sputtering, but not at all like before. I've continued to add Stabil as well.

It all depends on how it was stored (IMO)I would say if you have a lets say a 75gallon tank then you more than likely in very good shape that the gas is fine, (Why you ask?) Because The air is really what causes the breakdown process, so if you down only 4 or 5 gallons you don't have much air to start this break down,Thats why you always here folks talking about bad gas at low levels and they say try to keep your levels high as much as possible.Keep the container nearly full to reduce exposure to air, but not completely full, so the gasoline can expand or contract as the temperature changes. That said, try to minimize those temperature swings — store gasoline in a cool place to reduce evaporation and oxidation. Consider a gas stabilizer for fuel you plan to keep awhile, but remember stabilizers are meant to prevent gasoline from going bad; they won't restore bad gas to its former health.

• Like 1