Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
Volunteer

Yamaha 150 Fuel Consumption

Was wondering if anybody has a rig similar to my 22' Mako CC with a 2000 Yamaha V-Max 150 hp 2-stroke (oil injected). I'm trying to get feel for the gals/hr. I haven't run this boat/motor since I bought it last August, but it looks like the boat will be ready next Fri, 13 May, so I'm getting psyched and am wondering about range with a 50 gal tank.

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Hey Tom Iam purely guessing but would say 1.5-2 mpg conservatively. Good luck with the new ride.

Todd

Tom

My 200hp 2 stroke Yama on my welcraft (you haveseen- it its a heavy boat) will average about 2. Gal per hour you should do at least that. Average trip with a lot of running I only burn about 30 gals

David

Roger that, guys - thanks. We'll see what she does...

Was wondering if anybody has a rig similar to my 22' Mako CC with a 2000 Yamaha V-Max 150 hp 2-stroke (oil injected). I'm trying to get feel for the gals/hr. I haven't run this boat/motor since I bought it last August, but it looks like the boat will be ready next Fri, 13 May, so I'm getting psyched and am wondering about range with a 50 gal tank.

Volunteer: I have a 2004 21' Everglades with a Yamaha 200 HPDI 2 stroke. Running at 36-3700 RPM, which is usually about 25 MPH, I can plan on getting 3.5 miles per gallon. Running out of Indian River, Delaware or Ocean City, Maryland I can run about 50 miles offshore troll for about 5-6 hours and run back on a little less then 50 gallons. I carry 66 gallons (I wish it was 100) but that leaves me with a confortable margin of reserve fuel. Unfortunately, not really enough to properly fish the canyons up here, but that's why I take the boat to N. Carolina for vacation.

Tom- I'm lighter and lower HP than you but my seafox 21CC with an injected merc 135 get about 4.2 mpg by the computer. And I have a 113 gallon tank- I wish I could trade tanks with some of you guys because I have to run and fish like hell to keep the gas fresh! All stuff aside, I just hope you get on the water this time- you have been waiting WAY too long on this repower! If you want someone to run with you the first trip, give me a holler- with all thats happened, its always nice to have a 'buddy'! And be sure the SeaTow is current! :laughing-smiley-002:

Thanks again guys. Kevin, I might take you up on that offer to run with you. I'm trying to figure out if I can make the Fingers out of Rudee (on a good weather day, of course). I know I'm good for anywhere I normally fish in the Bay.

And the hits just keep on coming!! Another delay! Just got a call from the marina and it seems the existing tank has developed a leak. So, he's got to cut the floor out and replace that tank. Only good news here is that I'm going to get a bigger tank that will definitely increase my range.