Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
Vafirechaser76

Surf and pier report for the weekend

I am finally getting back in the swing of things after the bitterly cold winter! I decided this whole weekend I was going to fish every day. Friday morning I hit up Seagull pier. I was using clam and squid for bait. I caught a bunch of little fish that I thought were channel cats, but I know they are freshwater. It's still a mystery as they had very large whiskers. Also caught 4 large skate. Nothing kept, just relaxing while the kiddos were in school.

Saturday night we went to surf fish near Lynnhaven pier. After about an hour of feeding the crabs all our bait and almost giving up we found a pocket of croaker and within and hour had caught and released almost 40 croaker. Didn't keep anything but it was a lot of fun.

I wanted to fish today but couldn't find an empty beach anywhere enough to drop a line. I look forward to getting out there more as the time allows!

~Sarah~

• Like 1

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

I am finally getting back in the swing of things after the bitterly cold winter! I decided this whole weekend I was going to fish every day. Friday morning I hit up Seagull pier. I was using clam and squid for bait. I caught a bunch of little fish that I thought were channel cats, but I know they are freshwater. It's still a mystery as they had very large whiskers. Also caught 4 large skate. Nothing kept, just relaxing while the kiddos were in school.

Saturday night we went to surf fish near Lynnhaven pier. After about an hour of feeding the crabs all our bait and almost giving up we found a pocket of croaker and within and hour had caught and released almost 40 croaker. Didn't keep anything but it was a lot of fun.

I wanted to fish today but couldn't find an empty beach anywhere enough to drop a line. I look forward to getting out there more as the time allows!

~Sarah~

You should try Chicks Beach right under the CBBT, good luck with the parking.

Chicks by the CBBT is actually my usual spot. However with the holiday weekend the parking was a mad house. Hopefully I can find my spot again this weekend. ;)

You should try Chicks Beach right under the CBBT, good luck with the parking.

So Sarah what did you catch??

So Sarah what did you catch??

Went to CBBT Friday night and caught about 30 croaker and 2 spot. Oh and enough seaweed to keep a chinease restaurant open for atleast a month ;)Trying to figure out where I want to go this weekend.