Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
Blue Water Brotherhood

Signs And Wonders

Rainbow-300x224.jpg

Where is your favorite fishing spot?  When you get there what are you looking for? If you are fishing a new area what signs will you be observing? When you find that one sign, how confident are you that the intended target species will be there? How many times have you found that lone frigate bird, the barnacle encrusted tree trunk, the 3 foot wide weed line that meanders for miles and followed those signs without a nibble? Hopefully not very often, but it does happen. And once it does happen, you will always have that memory the next time you see the same sign. What happens to your confidence ? Doubt has now made a home. I cannot tell you with 100% assurance that every time you see a pallet that you are going to catch mahi mahi or wahoo. Nor can I say that every time you see a current edge that it will produce a billfish.

However, there is one sign that does produce a 100% guaranteed result, a sign that will draw your mind to the Creator of the sign and the promise or covenant that goes with it. The rainbow!

Genesis 9:8-17 (NKJV)

Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying:  “And as for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your descendants after you, and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth. Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

sign

1. a token; indication.

2. any object, action, event, pattern, etc., that conveys a meaning.

prom·ise

1. a declaration that something will or will not be done, given, etc., by one

2. an express assurance on which expectation is to be based

3. something that has the effect of an express assurance; indication of what may be expected.

cov·e·nant

1. an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified.

2. Law. an incidental clause in such an agreement.

3. Ecclesiastical . a solemn agreement between the members of a church to act together in harmony with the precepts of the gospel.

4. Bible. a. the conditional promises made to humanity by God, as revealed in Scripture.

nev·er

1. not ever; at no time

Dictionary.com Find Definitions For Any Word.

The rainbow may be the only visible sign and promise from God to mankind other than the curse after the fall of man (Genesis 3). The flood was over 4000 years ago. God’s rainbow is as fresh today as it was for Noah and his family. God’s word is truth. God’s word is absolute authority. When you see the signs and wonders of the Bible, you can know without a doubt God was and is and always will be.

So, the next time you see a rainbow, remember the promise: a blessed assurance that God will never flood the earth again.

Tip:

Never pass up the signs below even though you may have had the skunk the last time out following one of these signs.

Frigate birds/tuna birds, weed lines, color changes, sea surface temperature changes, flotsam, rip lines/current edges, bait, radio chatter, fish reports, satellite info, multiple boats on the horizon, sea mounts, fish marks on the video depth sounder, free jumpers.

Life is Short, Fish Hard, Pray Harder,

Capt. Vinnie

View the full article

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC