Virginia Beach Sport Fishing Forum

Sign in to follow this  
Sean Hackett

Newbie Fisher

Just had a question , I’m starting up fishing again and trying to get back in the game . Ive been fishing the Lynhaven inlet and trying to start lure fishing . Could you give me any recommendations for rod, reels , line, and lures ? Really trying to catch any fish I can at this time in the season and want to have everything ready for when the water gets warmer

There are a lot of affordable rods out there but don't skimp on your reel. Cheap reels full of plastic will only last a couple of weeks.The greater the amount of steel ball bearings, the smoother the retrieval. Many recommend getting the reel with the most ball bearing that you can afford, but with 5 you’ll get plenty of smoothness at an affordable price.  Stop by a shop like Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle and they'll show you some nice combos. Lures vary widely depending on which fish are available. Mirror Lures, metal spoons, bucktails, leadheads/swimming tails are all popular.    Tight Lines! 

http://longbaypointebaitandtackle.com/

Okay awesome thank you very much , I mean I got two decent setup I think lol , I got a Offshore Tighline reel with an Offshore 7’ medium heavy fast action with 25lb mono and then a shamano 4000f with same pole / with braided , not sure what test it is though .. definitely head to that tackle shop and check it out though .