Virginia Beach Fishing

Should a commercial rod-and-reel fishing license holder be allowed to participate in the VSFT?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Should a commercial rod-and-reel fishing license holder be allowed to participate in the VSFT?

• Yes
    • No

That reporter has it wrong, the catch is not official yet. There's some paperwork that still hasn't been turned it yet. Claude will be issuing a press release the minute it's an official catch and I will post it on the board. After talking with Claude he does seem to think the catch will stand as the new state record once everything is finalized.

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

I'm new to the area so I'm not familiar with all the rules. I have a question. What happens to the slot rule when a fish this big is caught? Was the fish returned to the water alive?

:costumed-smiley-089java script:

I'm new to the area so I'm not familiar with all the rules. I have a question. What happens to the slot rule when a fish this big is caught? Was the fish returned to the water alive?

:costumed-smiley-089java script:

This was an ocean fish and a very old post...that somehow found its way back to the top of the page. The fish was subjet to a different set of rules and was harvested legally.