Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
cmdean

good striper recipies ???

soo i have about 15 filets of rockfish in my freezer ... i tried cooking a few ... but wasn't all of wat i had expected ... i'm pretty sure its because i dont have a good recipe

anyone have any really good recipies ???

:help:

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

My favorite way to eat them is wrap them in aluminum foil with butter, garlic, salt & pepper and put them in the oven at 400 degrees. Schoolie fillets take about 12 minutes, bigger fillets can take up to 20 mintues. You can cook them in a pan with the same ingredients. I like to cut them up into small pieces and make tacos with them. I heard that they are good fried too, but I've never tried it.

Scroll down on the seafood page. There are a bunch of recipes under "Looking for rock recipes"

:iagree: I like to make tacos, bake in foil, and believe it or not make soup. Check out my striper soup recipe at

http://vbsf.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2806

It kicks. There are lots of other good recipes there also.

Personally I don't think striper holds up well in the freezer (like many fish) and so I usually only keep as many as I am going to eat in the next few days or am going to give away. So I usually only keep one fish, if any, depending how often I have been going out. Also I am not to crazy about the dark meat and so I cut this off and give it to the cat, who loves it and follows me around after a day of fishing until I give him some.

Tight Lines.

Pete

Make Vegetable Soup substitute Striper for beef.Its really good

1) Marinate the striper fillets in Zesty Italian Sauce overnight (Make sure both sides of the fillet are covered)

2) Cut the fillet into 1-2 inch squares

3) Stick them on a shiscabob

4) Bake them in the oven on 150 until they turn brown

5) Take them out and enjoy

Alright I tried this one last night. I've heard of a similar version of this recipe used for bluefish so I thought that I would try it.

I used 1 fillet of about a 26" fish.

Make a mixture of 2 to 1 mayo to mustard. Not just the yellow mustard, use some with some texture. Mix in whatever spices you want, I used Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Coat the entire outside of the fillet with the mix. Lay the covered fillet on an aluminum foil sheet w/ a little bit of butter on the sheet, sprinkle bread crumbs on the top part of the fillet, add some more spices to the top if you want. I added red pepper and black pepper.

Put the sheet with the fillet in the oven at 375 degrees and cook until it is done, it took about 16-17 minutes for me. As soon as it comes out, squeeze lemon juice over the fillet. I used a whole lemon but it was a small one.

This was the first time I ever tried this recipe and it was some of the best Rockfish I've ever had. I will probably cook it this way from now on.

Enjoy :food-smiley-004:

Try to think of rockfish as crab meat. I have made "She Crab" soup with it and "crab cakes". Any recipe you use crab meat you can use rock fish. When you boil it to use in the dishes, just break it up to the texture of crab meat. Really awesome ways to use it.

Cut fillets into strips (crosswise of the fish), fry them in hot oil. A batter like tempura is good or just yellow corn meal with salt/pepper added. If you use corn meal dip them in beaten eggs first. Salt to taste after frying.